When you make the important decision of choosing one insurance agent or company over another, you have to ask yourself one question. Why? Why choose one over the other when they seem to offer basically the same services or products?
Here are seven things to consider when choosing an agent or the company they represent:
1. Does your agent have at least five years experience with a solid track record for handling claims and servicing their customer base?
2. Are they involved in the community they serve? Do people know, like, and trust them?
3. Are they constantly seeking new learning opportunities and continuing education?
4. Do they have a reputation for delivering above average customer service?
5. Does the company they represent have a solid financial foundation? This is more important now than it ever has been due to the economic crisis many companies are facing.
6. Do they handle claims in the same location?
7. Do they have a caring support staff that can answer questions and offer assistance when your agent is not available?
In a time of crisis, you want to make sure you are dealing with someone who can offer the support you need and make sure you and your family are taken care of. You want a trusted advisor you can count on now and many years to come.