It’s amazing how easy life can be if we just adhere to a few common sense rules when it comes to driving our car. For example, don’t drink and drive.
Here are a few more:
- Don’t drive when you are distracted. We have a lot of “devices” with us when we drive now – smart phone, tablet, GPS, radio, CD player, etc. All of these things can cause a distraction. And it only takes a few seconds for a crash to occur. When you get in your car, turn off your phone.
- Always wear your seat belt. Even if you’re just going a mile down the road, wear your seat belt.
- Don’t drive when you’re sleepy. Get a room if your on the road or pull into a local market just to get out of the car and walk around.
- Don’t tailgate. With all the people experiencing road rage, this just adds to the aggravation that a lot of drivers are feeling just dealing with their daily commute in heavy traffic.
- Keep your vehicle well maintained. Simple things like tire pressure can make a difference in how the car handles. Keep your brakes inspected and in good working order.
I’m sure you can think of a few more. Let me know what you come up with.